To quickly and easily obtain your Tier 1 General UK Immigration Visa, you only need to
– Obtain the documents requested
– Complete the assessment online
– Sign the application form (If you have joint accounts or another party provides funds, please get them to also sign the declaration page).
– One of our immigration advisors will be in contact to arrange payment, obtain further documents and complete your application process until completion.
If you are sending any dependant applications at the same time as your own application, we encourage you to make all the applications at the same time. If you do not do this, you will need to pay a higher application fee for each dependant.
We advise you not to make any travel arrangements until your application has been granted and completed. If you need to travel abroad, you should ensure that you return to the UK before your current permission to stay expires. If you are unable to re-enter the UK because your permission has expired, you will not be able to apply under Tier 1 (General).
How long can you extend your stay for?
You will usually be granted an extension of your current stay in the Tier 1 (General) Migrant category for:
– 2 years if you are currently a Tier 1 (General) migrant and your current permission to stay was granted before 6 April 2010; or
– 3 years if you are in any other eligible immigration category.
At the end of this period, you may have lived continuously in the UK as a highly skilled migrant for 5 years. You can then apply to settle permanently in the UK. If you are not yet eligible for settlement, you can apply for permission to extend your stay under Tier 1 (General) again.
Conditions of your stay in the UK
Your permission to stay will be subject to the following conditions:
– you will have no recourse to public funds (which means that you will be unable to claim most benefits paid by the state);
– you must register with the police if this is required by paragraph 326 of the Immigration Rules;
– you may not be not employed as a doctor in training unless you have obtained a degree in medicine or dentistry from a UK recognised or listed body, or from a licensed sponsor under Tier 4 of the points-based system; and
– you may not be employed as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach).
You can use our Application Checking Service to confirm that your application is in order.
You can use our free Tier 1 General points-based assessment service to calculate how many points you will score and one of our immigration advisors will be in touch to discuss your scoring for free or contact us to start your application. Alternatively, please contact one of our advisors to have your application completed from start to finish for you.
Consultations | Application Preparation and Representation | Fast Track Same Day Submission
Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) | Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) | Tier 1 (Investor) | Tier 1 (Post-study work) | Tier 1 (General) | Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (closed category) | Business persons (closed category) | Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland (closed category) | Innovators (closed category) | International Graduates Scheme (closed category) | Investors (closed category) | Writers, composers and artists (closed category)