To be able to apply for settlement, you must meet 5 requirements.
1. You must currently be in the UK under Tier 1 (General).
2. You must have spent a continuous residence period of 5 years here in any combination of the following immigration categories:
– Tier 1 (General)
– Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
– work permit holder
– self-employed lawyer
– writer, composer or artist
– Tier 2 (General)
– Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
– Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
– Tier 2 (Intra company transfer), if your permission was granted under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010
3. You must have sufficient English language ability and knowledge of life in the UK, unless you are under 18 years old or over 65 years old when you apply.
5. You must have no unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and you must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
You can use our Application Checking Service to confirm that your application is in order prior to submission of your application.
You can use our free Tier 1 General points-based assessment service to calculate how many points you will score and one of our immigration advisors will be in touch to discuss your scoring for free or contact us to start your application. Alternatively, please contact one of our advisors to have your application completed from start to finish for you.
Consultations | Application Preparation and Representation | Fast Track Same Day Submission
Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) | Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) | Tier 1 (Investor) | Tier 1 (Post-study work) | Tier 1 (General) | Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (closed category) | Business persons (closed category) | Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland (closed category) | Innovators (closed category) | International Graduates Scheme (closed category) | Investors (closed category) | Writers, composers and artists (closed category)