Youths must meet five criteria to qualify for deferred action:
• They must have come to the US before they turned 16;
• They must have been born after June 15, 1981;
• They must have continuously resided in the US since June 15, 2007, and must have been present in the US on June 15, 2012;
• They must currently be in school, have received a high school diploma or GED, or been honorably discharged from the US Armed Forces or the Coast Guard;
• They must not have been convicted of a felony, a “significant misdemeanor,” multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Anyone applying for deferred action would need to go through a criminal background check.Social tagging: Dream Act > USA